The latest satellite imagery update for Google mapping products is here. The updates actually was released on 18th April 2011 while it was announced at Google Lat-Long blog only on 26th April 2011. You can download this KML (Google Earth format) file and surf the updated areas marked in red rectangular. The satellite imagery again focuses on post tsunami satellite imagery for Japan in high resolutions as well as numbers of other countries as part of this update.
As usual, Pakistan keeps getting the high resolution satellite updates. The area covered in this imagery updates are as follows:
– West side of Kalri Lake (Karachi)
– Area between Rasoolpur & Khairpur
– Muslim Bagh
– Indus River between Layya & Dera Ismail Khan
– Laki Marwat
– Rawalpindi & small portion of Islamabad
– Large area between Sheikhupura & Chiniot
– South side border near Kasur
– Large area between Stak & Askole (Gilgit-Baltistan)
There is much more area updated which can be seen from above mentioned KML (Google Earth format) file. Please let us know in comment if your area has been updated. You can also subscribe to your specific area updates by subscribing to Follow Your World Application tool.
Source: Google LatLong: Imagery Update – Week of April 25th.
Image is taken and copyrights to Google Earth.